The 16th Annual
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Saratoga Spa State Park, Columbia Pavilion
9:30am – 5 & 10 K; 10:45 am – Kid’s 1 Mile Fun Run
5/10K Fees: $25 (by 10/1)
$28 (by 10/12 – online registration ends on 10/12 at 10am)
$30 (after 10/12 at 10am/before 6pm on Friday, 10/14 – in person only)
NO DAY OF REGISTRATION
Kid’s Fun Run Fee (12 & Under): $5
Online Registration ~Ends on 10/12 at 10a.m.
Download this printable form and send to:
Saratoga Bridges Foundation, “Great Pumpkin Challenge”
16 Saratoga Bridges Blvd., Ballston Spa, NY 12020
A great community event with 2,000 walkers, riders and runners participating. This event takes place rain or shine and features a 5K (walk, ride or run) and 10K (run) and a Kid’s Fun Run (12 & under).
- 5 & 10K Participants (if registered by 10/1) receive a long-sleeved men’s sized moisture-wicking t-shirt.
- There is NO DAY OF REGISTRATION for this event.
- Net chip timing and disposable chips/bibs provided by ARE (Albany Running Exchange).
- Participation is limited to the first 2,000 registrants.
- Following the race, there will be refreshments and a raffle for all registrants.
- Arrive early as the park roads will be closed by 9am to allow for safety on our course.
- For safety reasons, we ask that no dogs are brought to the event unless they are service dogs.
The course for the 5K and 10K will remain the same as in 2015. Take a look here.
Parking & Shuttle Information
We will offer shuttles from the SPAC Route 50 parking lot as we have in the past. These shuttles will start loading at 7:30a.m. to transport people to the start line through 9a.m. Shuttles will NOT run after 9a.m. to the start line, so please plan accordingly. The shuttles will then pick you up, after the races finish, at the drop off location (near the start line) to head back to the SPAC Route 50 parking lot AFTER 11a.m. The LAST pick up will be at Noon.
There is VERY limited parking available near the Columbia Pavilion & start line, please plan accordingly. If you plan to leave before 11a.m., you MUST park in a lot that is NOT on the course. This map shows where you can and cannot park.
Packet Pick Up
Friday, October 14 – Noon to 6pm at Saratoga Bridges Offices located at
16 Saratoga Bridges Blvd., Ballston Spa, NY
Day of from 7:30-9am at Event
Awards to overall male and female winners based on GUN time & to the top three finishers in each age group division in the 5K and 10K based on NET time (No duplications of awards) AGE GROUP DIVSIONS (5K & 10K) once everyone has finished:
14 & UNDER, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & OVER
All finishers in the Children’s Fun Run will receive an award when they cross the finish line.
- PiYo Live Classes for 2 from Saratoga Savoy ~ Value $70, Donated by Saratoga Savoy
- Beginning Dance Workshops (8-1hr. group lessons) for 2 in either (choose one) Argentine Tango, Ballroom, Swing, Club Latin from Saratoga Savoy ~ Value $556, Donated by Saratoga Savoy
- A One Night Getaway at Hyatt Place, an all suite hotel in Malta, NY, and breakfast for 2 ! ~ Value $160, Donated by Hyatt Place
- A Gift Certificate for 2 tickets to any Home Made Theater production ~ Value $58, Donated by Home Made Theater
- A Gift Certificate for Dinner for 2 at The Inn at Saratoga ~ Value $75, Donated by Inn at Saratoga
- A Gift Certificate to Circus Cafe ~ Value $50, Donated by Circus Cafe
- Passes for Roller Skating or Playground Admission at The Fun Spot ~ Value $15, Donated by The Fun Spot
- Passes for Albany’s Indoor Rockgym ~ Value $48, Donated by Albany’s Indoor Rockgym
- 22 – $15 Gift Cards for Road ID ~ Value $15 each, Donated by Road ID
Our sincere appreciation to our 2016 Season Sponsors:
Presenting Season Sponsor: Constance & Thomas D’Ambra
Associate Season Sponsors: Champlain Wealth Management
Special thanks to our 2016 Great Pumpkin Challenge Sponsors:
If you would like more information on becoming a Sponsor, CLICK HERE.
Presenting Sponsor: MVP Health Care
Featured Sponsors: Druthers Brewing Company
Monster Sponsors: BPAs; The Fitzgibbons Family
Great Pumpkin Challenge Planning Committee
Race Director: Jane Mastaitis
Skip Allen, Marjorie Brown, Karen Callan, Kim Fowler, Renee Hicks, Patty Paduano, Mark Sammler, Catherine Spaneas, Clark Spickerman, Tammy Thomas, Patty Twigg, Jackie Wright
If you have any questions, please contact Heather Varney at 518.587.0723, ext. 1266 or email email@example.com.
Pictures below were taken at the 15th Annual Great Pumpkin Challenge.