Go Back To Jobs
Job Name: Bus Driver
POSITION STATUS: 30-40 Hours/Week, 52 Weeks/Year Transportation
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED preferred with a valid NYS Commercial Driver’s License Class B, with passenger endorsement, acceptable to agency insurance standards and safety policy. Can by reason of experience or training, safely operate a motor vehicle within the provisions of Article 19-A and is physically qualified to do so.
Responsible for the safe operation of an agency vehicle while transporting developmentally disabled to and from facility sites. Vehicle assignment may change at the discretion of the Transportation Director. Reports directly to the Transportation Director in regards to policies and procedures.
1. Pre-checks vehicle before each run in accordance with NYS Traffic and Safety requirements.
2. Provides a thorough vehicle defect notice for any vehicle problem.
3. Conducts ones self in a friendly and courteous manner to passengers, family, staff and family care providers and pays attention to individual passenger needs.
4. Transports passengers in a safe manner obeying all NYS motor vehicle and traffic laws.
5. Performs all duties in accordance with Saratoga Bridges safety policies.
6. Assists passengers and bus monitors as needed.
7. Independently lifts passengers in and out of seats and to and from wheelchairs and secures wheelchairs.
8. Attends and actively participates in transportation meetings.
9. Attends and actively participates in Agency in-service training programs.
10. Follows all Agency procedures regarding accident procedures and completes incident reports as needed.
11. Reviews blue books and keeps up to date passenger profiles.
12. Performs all job duties in a safe manner by observing all Agency safety rules, procedures and practices.
13. Performs all job duties in a safe manner by observing all Agency safety rules procedures and practices.
14. Performs all other duties as deemed necessary by the Transportation Director or Dispatcher.