Go Back To Jobs
Job Name: Residence Manager II
40 Hours/Week, 52 Weeks/Year
On call as scheduled
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors Degree in Human Services or related field and one year of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities. OR four years of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities. Supervisory experience preferred. Valid NYS drivers license acceptable to Agency insurance standards. Satisfactory completion of Agency training within six months of employment.
The Residence Manager II works in a behaviorally involved home or supervises more than one group home and is directly responsible to the Assistant Director of Residential Services with respect to questions regarding program policies, practices or procedures. The Residence Manager II is responsible for the overall day to day operation of the home.
1. Documents and performs appropriate follow-up of all incidents within a 24 hour period.
2. Ensures proper usage and recording of consumer and petty cash monies.
3. Participates in residence financial audit.
4. Ensures medications are ordered, received and stored in accordance with agency policy.
5. Ensures home safety through the documentation of fire drills and safety reports.
6. Ensures scheduling and documentation of appropriate orientation and in-service training for all staff.
7. Approves and orders all program, therapeutic and recreational supplies.
8. Conducts staff meetings.
9. Ensures proper planning, purchases of food and preparation of meals directly or indirectly.
10. Oversees the planning and supervising of recreational and leisure time activities.
11. Ensures that the cleanliness and maintenance of the home is maintained and that infection control checks are completed in a timely fashion.
12. Oversees upkeep of program vehicles.
13. Participates in the recruitment and selection process of program staff.
14. Establishes and maintains staff schedules.
15. Conducts staff performance evaluations.
16. Conducts staff supervision checks on overnight, weekend, early morning and evening shifts on a quarterly basis.
17. Reviews and approves or denies staff time sheets and requests for time off.
18. Works with the consumer, Service Coordinator and/or Program Coordinator, Advocate and family to ensure proper understanding of the consumer’s Individual Service Plan (ISP).
19. Contributes to the planning and development of consumer program plans.
20. Ensures that treatment plans, interventions, and goals are implemented and documented according to each individual program plan.
21. Ensures all staff have a general philosophical and working knowledge of person centered planning.
22. Provides on-floor supervision of staff and clients as needed.
23. Attends and participates in in-service training as required.
24. Participates in residential committees including but not limited to Incident Review, Admissions/Discharge and Program Planning/Policy Committee.
25. Attends Administrative Staff Meetings.
26. On-Call responsibilities as scheduled by the Director or Assistant Director of Residential Services.
27. Monitors house budget so as to ensure fiscal responsibility within budget guidelines.
28. Participates in all OPWDD and IPR/IUR surveys.
29. Participates in development of the plan of corrective action for any and all deficiencies cited by OPWDD Survey bureau.
30. Provides assistance and training for consumers in all personal skill areas through the implementation of the programmatic plans of service as agreed upon by the consumer, advocate and team.
31. Fosters community inclusion by involving the consumer in the planning and Implementation of recreational and leisure time activities.
32. Provides and/or assists with direct personal care to consumers including, but not limited to: feeding, dressing, toileting, and personal hygiene, while respecting the privacy and dignity of each consumer.
33. Assists consumers and/or co-workers in performing lifting or transferring consumers to and from a wheelchair, bathroom facilities, therapy tables or bed, and performs any other lifts or transfers as required.
34. Schedules, coordinates, and transports and/or escorts consumers to program, medical, dental, or other appointments as needed (unless designated as non-driving staff).
35. Administers medications and treatments upon satisfactory completion of the medication administration course. Certification must be maintained through remedial training and annual recertification. Decertification will result in a reduction of pay.
36. Implements and carries out prescribed therapies or treatments as ordered by licensed physicians, nursing staff, or therapists. Performs behavior management (SCIP) when necessary.
37. Demonstrates an understanding of person-centered philosophy by respecting and encouraging consumers to be as independent as possible, providing opportunities to make life choices, encouraging consumers to communicate their feelings and fears without the fear of harm or reprisal, and ensuring that consumers receive supports and services which are effective and meet their needs.
38. Performs all job duties in a safe manner by observing all Agency safety rules, procedures and practices.
39. Performs all other duties as directed by the Director or Assistant Director of Residential Services.