Job Name: Accountant
We are looking for a full-time accountant. This is a Monday through Friday, 40 hour a week position. We offer a great work environment and excellent benefits. Come be a Difference Maker at Saratoga Bridges!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Two years of accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Valid NYS driver’s license acceptable to Agency insurance standards
In this role, the Accountant will be responsible for all Medicaid billing. Some of the responsibilities for this position are:
- General Ledger revenue reconciliations, Benefit recording, and auditing of the fund for people receiving supports from Saratoga Bridges’ Residential program.
- This Accountant maintains the accounting records for Disabled Citizens’ Development Corp., and ARC Foundation of Saratoga County
- Preparation of standard journal entries, preparation of monthly journal entries, reconciliation of all general ledger accounts. and preparation of year end audit work papers
- Responsible for all US Department of Housing Assistant Payments (HAP) voucher, annual 50059s, Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) reporting, and the maintenance of the Reserve for Replacement Account and Residual Recipients Account.
- Performs Audits of the bank accounts of the people receiving Residential supports in accordance with Personal Allowance policies.
- Works closely with the Consumer Benefits Specialist, Records the monthly SSI benefits received for the people receiving residential supports, calculates the monthly rent due to the Agency or reimbursement due to the person.
- Prepares billing for Agency programs
- Reconciles the general ledger revenue accounts to the statistical reports, preparing and tracking journal entries as necessary.
- Maintains all Agency records related to the ISS program including but not limited to monthly billing, oversight of month checks, and the reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Performs fiscal analysis and costing of Medicaid information as necessary
- Records the cash flow into the agency SS/SSI beneficiaries bank account, calculating the monthly adjusted rent amount to b e transferred into the Agency General Operating Bank Account
For over 60 years, Saratoga Bridges has been a resource to people with developmental disabilities and their families. We are committed to ensuring that the people we support, realize their goals, hopes and dreams. Our compassionate, and hard-working employees are trained and offer person-centered opportunities for people to lead full, productive, and contributing lives where they can work, volunteer, socialize, and recreate.
Full time – 40 hour workweek