Chief Operating Officer
Job Name: Chief Operating Officer
About the organization:
Saratoga Bridges proudly provides the highest level of quality professional services to people with developmental disabilities and their families. Our services include a broad range of innovative and effective programs designed to foster independence by promoting individuals’ abilities and achievements. Our dedicated, conscientious, hard-working and compassionate staff members deliver these services with a person-centered approach to enable opportunities for people to work, volunteer, socialize and recreate in their community while leading full, productive and contributing lives.
About the role:
We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) who possesses strong leadership capabilities and a solid understanding of the programmatic structure and regulatory requirements of the employment, day habilitation, residential, and community support services we provide.
The COO will be responsible for assisting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in leading, developing and overseeing the day-to-day administration of services provided by Saratoga Bridges at a consistently high level of quality and with a person-centered focus.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively involved in, and makes recommendations for, the development of each program’s annual budget with the respective senior manager and the agency’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and CEO.
- Interviews and makes recommendations to the CEO regarding selection of all senior management positions responsible for program services.
- Ensures all programs maintain compliance specific to the applicable state and federal regulations.
- In conjunction with the Senior Managers, monitors monthly financial statements relative to budgeting expenses and income.
- Actively participates as a member of Agency committees, including but not limited to, Special Review, Safety, Human Rights and Corporate Compliance.
- Contributes to the development and review of all policies and procedures pertaining to personnel and program services of Saratoga Bridges.
- Completes annual needs assessment for each program in conjunction with the respective senior managers.
- Collaborates with the CEO in the development and implementation of the tactical plan supporting the Saratoga Bridges strategic plan.
- Provides oversight for the planning and development of new programs including but not limited to securing certification, compliance with mandated state and federal guidelines, establishing a new budget, and reassignment or selection of staff for the proposed projects.
- Acts as a liaison to city, county, state, and federal officials regarding program compliance, quality assurance, and program development.
- Performs the duties of the CEO in his/her absence including, but not limited to, day-to-day decision-making and as representative to the Board of Directors and other stakeholders of Saratoga Bridges.
- Responsible for On-Call duties in accordance with NYS Justice Center Administrator-on-Call regulations as scheduled by the Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Commitment to the mission of Saratoga Bridges
- Knowledge of the delivery system of employment, day, and/or residential community support services
- Excellent managerial skills and the ability to take leadership over any program area
- Outstanding judgment and understanding of the implications of decisions on the organization, the people we support, and the individuals’ families
- Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in the administration of programs supporting people who have developmental disabilities.
- Valid New York State driver’s license