Nursing Manager – RN
Job Name: Nursing Manager – RN
SALARY: Ask Human Resources for payrate
For over 60 years, Saratoga Bridges has been a resource to people with developmental disabilities and their families. We are committed to ensuring that the people we support, realize their goals, hopes and dreams. Our compassionate, hard-working employees are trained and offer person-centered opportunities for people to lead full, productive, and contributing lives where they can work, volunteer, socialize, and recreate.
Come Discover the Rewards at Saratoga Bridges.
The Coordinator of Residential Nursing Services is responsible to coordinate the clinical supervision of the Residential Nurses, oversight of the AMAP process and residential medical training. The Residential Services are under the auspices of OPWDD and the candidate for this position must be familiar with the regulations for Intermediate Care Facilities (ICFs) and Individualized Residential Services (IRAs). The person in this position will act as a liaison and community educator regarding services provided by the residential program. This person will also provide ongoing Quality Assurance checks within the Residential Program identifying trends and make recommendations on how to improve residential medical services.
Some of the responsibilities for this position are:
- Providing oversight and coordination of health services in order to maintain the optimal health and safety of the people we support
- For example: physical exams, immunizations, eye and ear exams, medication evaluations, dietary service plans, dental exams, and other appropriate health-related services
- Reviews agency medical and health services procedures and recommends policy modifications to the Director of Residential Services and policy committee
- Monitors and oversee Dietary services in the residential program by working closely with the Registered Dietician
- Coordinates and provides when necessary, mandated staff in-service training of direct care personnel in areas of:
- Detecting signs of illness or dysfunction that warrant medical or nursing intervention
- First Aid in the presence of accident or illness
- Medication administration annual re-certification
- Basic skills required to meet the health and nutritional needs of the people we support (J Tubes, G Tubes etc.)
- Diabetic teaching with 6-month updates
- Universal/Standard precautions including: TB, Blood Borne Pathogens, HIV, and Infection Control
- Nursing Supervision, oversight and training
- Participates in the recruitment of nursing staff by interviewing and recommending job applicants
- Ensures new Nursing staff are properly oriented and receives on-going training as needed. Acts as role model to new nursing staff
- Ensures that all medical personnel fully understand all pertinent State and Federal regulations as it relates to Health Care Services in the Residential Program
- Ensures that all medical personnel fully understand the survey process as it relates to the heal care surveys in the residential program.
- Completes job performance evaluations of nursing personnel
- Provides ongoing clinical supervision to Residential Nursing Staff
- Coordinates and conducts monthly Residential Nursing Staff meetings
- Ensures Pharmacy Review takes place in the IRA’s semi-annually and quarterly in the ICF’s
- Reviews monthly pharmacy bills to ensure proper billing and reviews for cost saving measures
- Communicates effectively with health service professionals to assure provision of quality services
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with professional to assure provision of quality services.
- Fills in during Residential Nurses absences
Requirements for this position:
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
- NYS Nursing License
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with people with Developmental Disabilities
- Experience supervising Nurse
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Possess a NYS Driver’s License