Day Service Instructor (DSDSP II/III)
Job Name: Day Service Instructor (DSDSP II/III)
Discover the Rewards of Meaningful work, Great benefits, & Monday – Friday
Do you want a job that’s meaningful? Then come Discover the Rewards! In this job, you’ll give meaning to someone’s life by helping them discover their potential and, in turn, find your own. The relationships with the people you support is what makes this job rewarding.
At Saratoga Bridges, we are committed to ensuring that the people we serve, realize their goals, hopes and dreams. Our compassionate, dedicated, conscientious, and hard–working, professionals are specially trained and offer person-centered opportunities for people to lead full, productive and contributing lives by working, volunteering, socializing and recreating in their community.
We are looking for Direct Support Professionals who are ready for the next step in their career. In this position you will be the Instructor in a Day Services classroom. Some of the skills you need are:
- Great at working in a team
- Caring & ensure that the people with Developmental Disabilities they work with are safe
In the classroom you will:
- Run & document daily goals for the people you are working with
- Assist in activities going on during the day, Art activities, volunteering in the community
- Develop new activities and new community relationships
- Develop Day Habilitation Goals and ensure they are implemented correctly and documented in a timely manner
- Administer medication when needed
- Provide hands on support to the people your program supports, including teaching new skills, assisting with toileting, bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living.
- Help other employees learn and be a great DSP
We have career path options for those who want to make this their long–term career. Tuition reimbursement to help you complete your degree is available after 6 months of full-time employment. We have excellent health insurance (no co-pays) and generous time off benefits. Opportunities to pick up extra hours are currently available at our houses as well.
- DSDSP III – Bachelors of Science degree in Human Services, Education, Special Education, Psychology or a related field.
- DSDSP II – One year experience in day services preferred High School diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience working in day services preferred.
- A valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to agency insurance standards.
Our payrates for a Day Service Instructor II/III (DSDSP II/III) is $17.75/$19.10 depending on experience and education.