Direct Support Professional
Job Name: Direct Support Professional
DSP (Direct Support Professional)
Discover the Rewards! We are hiring employees for our evening shifts. Our evening shifts typically run from 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm or 3:00 pm to 11/12:00 pm. We have shortened work weeks that include 1 weekend day. For example: Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Saturday.
As a Direct Support Professional will spend your time:
- Supporting people while they learn life skills at home, during the day, and in their communities
- Teaching and documenting goals according to a person’s plan and the way you were trained
- Supporting people in recreation activities, such as going for a walk at a park, participating in an art activity, or playing a game
- Assisting people with personal care such as bathing, toileting, dressing, and grooming
Your evening with the people you work with, might include: making dinner, helping people take showers/baths, helping people in the bathroom, doing laundry with a person, or working on goals.
Why work for Saratoga Bridges?
- Our starting payrates for our Direct Support Professionals has just increased, starting at $15.75/$17.35 with
- $1.00 an hour differential for any weekend hours
- $3.00 an hour differential for weekend overnights
- $2.00 an hour differential for weekday overnights
- We have great benefits including; health insurance, vacation and holiday time, tuition reimbursement, retirement matching, and referral bonuses
- If you have no experience we will provide training to you.
- Flexibility – evenings and overnight shifts available, short workweeks, and overtime currently available
- You’ll feel great making a difference in someone’s life.
- Possess a valid NYS Driver’s license (No DWI/DUAI within last 5 years),
- Diploma/High school equivalency
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.75 – $17.35 per hour
Temperatures taken upon arrival, Surfaces cleaned and sanitized regularly, Social Distancing, and Face masks, gloves and other PPE provided to you.