Family Support Behavior Specialist – Part-time
Job Name: Family Support Behavior Specialist – Part-time
This position is a 25-hour a week Behavior Specialist position. You will be working with people with developmental disabilities or some other developmental diagnosis. This a very independent position that has a variety of work activities.
In this position a Behavior Specialist will:
- Visit a family’s home to do a behavioral assessment and come up with strategies that family members can use to teach skills to the person with a developmental disability, in order to help them learn how to handle stressful situations and better communicate their needs.
- Develop and offer Support Group sessions to: care givers, siblings, and the people we directly support.
- Work remotely to write reports, document grant activities, and develop support group activities
We are looking for a person who is organized, self-motivated, has good communication skills, and the right degree.
This position requires:
- Master’s degree in psychology related to Human Services, Developmental Psych, Behavioral Analysis, certification in behavioral analysis (BCBA), Social Work or a New York State license in Mental Health Counseling.
- 5 years of experience working with people who have a developmental disability
- experience creating, training others, and implementing behavior support plans using ABA methods.
This is a part-time, 25 hour a week position. The work location is primarily in Saratoga County.
Job Type: Part-Time