Special Events Coordinator
Job Name: Special Events Coordinator
In this exciting position the Special Events Coordinator, works under the direction of the Development and Foundation Director to increase financial giving and awareness of Saratoga Bridges as a not-profit that supports people with developmental disabilities and their families.
You will be planning, creating, facilitating, and implementing events designed for and focused on benefiting Saratoga Bridges. You will create event materials such as sponsorship requests, promotional materials, as well as creating content for social media and Saratoga Bridges website.
Some examples of how you may be spending your workday are:
- Planning, directing, and evaluating all major Saratoga Bridges special events in the community. This will include, the White Party (annual gala), Travers Day at the Races, The Great Pumpkin Challenge, J. Michael Fitzgibbons Memorial Golf Classis , as well as other events, activities, and endeavors
- Collaborates with the Assistant Director of Communications to prepare annual marketing and Development plan to include social media and print materials for events, activities, recruitment and other agency endeavors
- Coordinating projects from concept to finish, including marketing publications, event publications and any and all other agency necessities
- Coordinates with other departments and service sites on special events for fundraising and/or public relations
- Cultivates and solicits business partnerships and corporate sponsors. Nurtures these corporate sponsor relationships and other stakeholders to provide educational opportunities for the general public to learn about Saratoga Bridges and it’s mission
- Recruits, coordinates, and trains volunteers and event staff to ensure guidelines and expectations are met. This includes creating schedules for the day of an event and distributing documents prior to the event.
- Updates and manages stakeholders in fundraising software databases and reconciles event software entries with fundraising deposits
- Coordinates assembly and mailing of bulk mailings including, but not limited to Special Events, Membership Drive and other agency-related endeavors
- Coordinates Foundation Board meetings to include Board Members, set up meeting space, obtain refreshments, take minutes, and distribute minutes to Board Members
- Assists in creating event budges, with the Development and Foundation Director and, reviews to ensure department goals and to validate current forecast is on track with the budget
- Works evenings and weekends as needed, in support of Saratoga Bridges’ events
Qualifications for this position;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing and/or a related field
- 2 years of experience in Public Relations, Marketing & Promotions, and/or Fundraising
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, fundraising software, internet, and social media
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.10 per year
Temperature taken upon arrival, Social distancing, Cleaning and disinfecting daily, Masks worn, and Masks, gloves, and other PPE are provided to you