Job Name: Van Driver
For over 60 years, Saratoga Bridges has been a resource to people with developmental disabilities and their families. We are committed to ensuring that the people we support, realize their goals, hopes and dreams. Our compassionate, and hard-working Direct Support Staff are trained and offer person-centered opportunities for people to lead full, productive and contributing lives where they can work, volunteer, socialize, and recreate.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license meeting agency insurance standards
- High School diploma/Equivalent
In this position
- Responsible for the safe operation of an agency vehicle while transporting people with a diagnosis of a developmentally disability (OPWDD and OMH) to and from facility sites. Vehicle assignments may change at the discretion of the Transportation Director.
- Pre-checks vehicle before each run
- Follow all NYS Traffic & Safety laws, all Saratoga Bridges safety policies & procedures
- Assist passengers ensuring people are properly place on and removed from the vehicle
- Attends in-service training programs
“To empower individuals with intellectual disabilities and their families to identify and pursue their life goals through knowledge, collaboration and experience.”
Respect– Innovation– Teamwork– Excellence