Job Name: Van Driver
For over 60 years, Saratoga Bridges has been a resource to people with developmental disabilities and their families. We are committed to ensuring that the people we support, realize their goals, hopes and dreams. Our compassionate, and hard-working Direct Support Staff are trained and offer person-centered opportunities for people to lead full, productive and contributing lives where they can work, volunteer, socialize, and recreate.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license meeting agency insurance standards
- High School diploma/Equivalent
In this position
- Responsible for the safe operation of an agency vehicle while transporting people with a diagnosis of a developmentally disability (OPWDD and OMH) to and from facility sites. Vehicle assignments may change at the discretion of the Transportation Director.
- Pre-checks vehicle before each run
- Follow all NYS Traffic & Safety laws, all Saratoga Bridges safety policies & procedures
- Assist passengers ensuring people are properly place on and removed from the vehicle
- Attends in-service training programs
“To empower individuals with intellectual disabilities and their families to identify and pursue their life goals through knowledge, collaboration and experience.”
Respect– Innovation– Teamwork– Excellence
Temperatures taken upon arriving, Social Distancing Guidelines, Sanitizing and cleaning of worksites daily, Masks, gloves and other PPE provided to you.