About Saratoga Bridges Memorial Garden
In 2011, we started the next phase of development at our Administrative campus. Our long-term goal was to create a Memorial Garden that would become a living tribute to remember, recognize and acknowledge individuals, family members, board members and employees who have passed away or to honor businesses and individuals for our support and dedication. The dream became possible due to the generous lead gift from Price Chopper’s Golub Foundation and of the contributions by our families, volunteers, staff, loyal donors and the conceptual vision from The LA Group and Brookside Nursery. They have all helped the agency raise the funds for a sustainable, beautiful addition to this site. As a result, the garden is just what we envisioned and hoped it would be!
The Memorial Garden demonstrates our commitment of promoting better health. The design incorporates an orchard concept into the landscaping, seating and walkways. These components will directly enhance our individuals, family members, staff and visitors lives. The raised flower beds allow people to easily access, plant and tend to them. Many benches have been installed which will give everyone a peaceful, tranquil place to relax, experience nature, promote contemplation and inevitably relieve stress.
Another aspect is that it is a non-intimidating, outdoor learning environment. People will be able to learn about a variety of plants, flowers and wild life. Additionally, the Memorial Garden offers opportunities and benefits for our individuals including:
- advancing skill development
- planning new projects and activities
- creating newfound abilities by enriching techniques and decision making methods
- encouraging, promoting and showcasing creativity
- improving vocabulary and communication skills by learning new terms and concepts
- gaining an appreciation of nature
- increasing stimulation of sensory perceptions
- improving self-confidence, self-image and self-esteem
- having pride in our success
- and achieving a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment
If you or your family members are interested purchasing a brick, tree, shrub or planting, please take a look at this brochure. Keep in mind that you can make a pledge or pay in installments if that fits your budget better.