On September 27, Saratoga Bridges’ Creative Endeavors program hosted an Opening Reception for a 2nd juried art show entitled “Through My Eyes”. Held at their Administrative building, located at 16 Saratoga Bridges Blvd., in Ballston Spa, over 70 people attended this inspirational exhibit. Saratoga Bridges firmly believes in the importance of art in people’s lives and the transformative power of the creative impulse.
Artists with disabilities, who live in the greater Capital Region, displayed prints, paintings, drawings, collages, mixed media and photographs. “Through My Eyes” is a juried, regional art show sponsored by Creative Endeavors Art Center, a program of Saratoga Bridges. It provides a venue for artists with disabilities to exhibit their artwork.
An esteemed panel of jurors consisted of Elisa Sheehan, artist, graphic designer and owner of Lis Design, Elizabeth Dubben, Director of Exhibitions at Saratoga Arts, and Nanette Miranda, former Art Coordinator at Saratoga Bridges awarded the following prizes to these artists whose work is seen below:
- First Prize of $250 to Erica Morocco for her piece “Apple Table”
- Second Prize of $150 to Donna Giannone for her piece “Claw-Deen”
- Third Prize of $100 to Douglas Countryman for his piece “Fork Art”
- Honorable Mention of $25 to David Hoffman for his piece “Jibeinia”
- Curator’s Award of $50 to Ross Carangelo for his piece “Pollen”
- The People’s Choice Award of $100 was voted on during the show and the winner was David Woomer for his piece “Shadow Before the Night”
The show will run through October 11.